What’s the Weight of My Car?
Have you ever thought about how much your junk car weighs? It’s pretty common for vehicle owners to want to educate themselves about all sorts of things when it comes to their car. They want to know how often to change the oil, what sort of maintenance issues tend to pop up at certain mileages, and so on. But, it’s much less common for someone to be able to tell you how much their vehicle weighs. Your vehicle’s weight can be an important consideration when selling a junk car in San Diego.
Believe it or not, though, knowing the weight of your vehicle is actually pretty important. If you want to sell your junk car, your vehicle’s weight will probably be the largest determining factor in how much cash you’re offered for it. Or, if you want to cross a bridge somewhere with a weight rating, it’s good to know how much your car weighs! In some states, the DMV will use your vehicle’s weight in determining certain fees that are assessed to you. And, if you ever want to tow something behind your vehicle or load it up with cargo, you need to know whether it can handle the task or not.
The bottom line is that knowing the weight of your vehicle can really come in handy. Let’s take a look at some of the terminology that pops up when you’re trying to figure out your vehicle’s weight, as well as the easiest way to find out how much it actually weighs.
Vehicle Weight Terms
If you thought that finding out how much your car weighs would be as simple as finding a single number, you’re mistaken. When you find the weight info for your vehicle, you’ll actually be presented with a number of different terms and acronyms that can be a bit confusing at first glance. Here are some of the commons terms that may show up when looking for your car’s weight:
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: The GVWR refers to the total load that your vehicle can handle. This number includes both people and cargo.
- Gross Vehicle Weight: This is the the weight of your vehicle itself, plus any people or items inside the vehicle.
- Curb Weight: As opposed to gross vehicle weight, curb weight refers to the weight of your vehicle when it’s completely empty.
- Payload: Your car’s payload is the weight of the vehicle itself, any and all passengers, any cargo in the vehicle, and anything that you might be towing behind your car.
- Maximum Load Trailer Weight: This number refers to the weight of your car and a trailer that’s carrying its maximum load.
- Gross Axle Weight Rating: Your car’s GAWR is the maximum amount that each individual axle on your vehicle can support. This is like the GVWR, but divided between your axles.
As you can see, determining your vehicle’s weight can be rather complicated. Generally speaking, though, you’ll want to run a search online for your vehicle and use its “curb weight” number for reference if you’re trying to determine how much your car weighs.
If you’re looking to sell your junk car, just call Junk A Car. We’ll tell you how much your vehicle weighs over the phone, and we’ll use its weight to determine how much cash we can offer you. To learn more about how much your junk car is worth, call us at 844-901-4392.
SELLING JUNK CARS FOR CASH IN San Diego,California IS SIMPLE:
- Get an instant vehicle valuation by dialing 1-844-901-4392
- After accepting our offer you can set up a convenient time for one of our San Diego area towers to come to your vehicle's location.
- Our San Diego tower will pay you the quoted amount on the spot.
- We will remove your junk car 100% FREE of charge.
FIND YOUR CAR'S VALUE!
This following list is an average of the cars that we have purchased in your area. The actual value of your vehicle may be higher or lower than the average. Your car could be worth substantially more! Call now to get a quote.
|Vehicle||Minimum Paid||Maximum Paid|
|2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD||250||700|
|1990 Ford Van||250||250|
|1981 DOTSON dotson||100||100|
|2003 Pontiac Montana||200||475|
|1995 Chevy Tracker||250||250|
|1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van||100||400|
|1993 Buick Skylark||100||400|
|2004 Hyundai Elantra||150||500|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class||175||400|
|2007 Volkswagen New Beetle||4000||4000|
|2001 Jeep Cheorkee||300||300|
|1994 GMC Safari||100||400|
|1988 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series||75||340|
|1983 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty-Eight||50||200|
|2000 Lincoln LS||130||400|
|1995 Mazda MPV||150||330|
|1992 Lexus LS 400||120||400|
|1996 Mazda MX-6||200||350|
|2001 Suzuki Esteem||195||400|
|1984 Dodge Pickup||125||250|
|1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera||175||350|
|1993 Ford Ranger||60||350|
|2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee||150||700|
|2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager||125||300|
|1996 Nissan Quest||50||400|
|2003 Jeep Liberty||300||6100|
|2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4||250||1000|
|1996 Buick Century||50||400|
|1991 Chevy Camero||225||225|
|1993 Geo Storm||100||350|
|1993 Toyota Previa||110||350|
|1996 Ford Taurus||55||400|
|1995 Chrysler Sebring||175||310|
|2005 Suziki Forenza||500||500|
|1979 Mercedes 280 CE||200||200|
|1989 BMW 325i Convertible||225||225|
|1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee||100||400|
|1979 ford ecoline||180||180|
|1996 Dodge Caravan||50||400|
|1991 Cadillac Brougham||200||350|
|2000 Subaru Outback||125||450|
|1977 oldsmobile cutless supreme||225||225|
|1995 Jaguar XJ-Series||220||300|
|1994 Chevrolet Blazer||125||400|
|2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara||200||500|
|1997 Mitsubishi Diamante||200||400|
|1996 Geo Tracker||25||400|
|1999 Land Rover Range Rover||120||920|
|1997 Chevrolet Venture||100||430|
|1997 Pontiac Grand Prix||100||375|
- Address: 4340 Genesee Ave Ste 209bPhone: (619) 869-3981
- Address: 4340 Genesee Ave Ste 209bPhone: (619) 869-3981
- Address: 4375 Derrick DrPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6140 Mission Gorge RdPhone: (619) 281-2988
- Address: 3960 Normal StPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6111 Business Center CtPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 4445 Eastgate MallPhone: (866) 487-8999
- Address: 1455 Frazee Rd Ste 400Phone: (619) 220-5300
- Address: 3702 Del Sol BlvdPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6414 University AvePhone: (619) 609-3189
- Address: 1370 Heritage RdPhone: (619) 671-0173
- Address: 4455 Twain AvePhone: (619) 590-2255