What’s the Weight of My Car?
Have you ever thought about how much your junk car weighs? It’s pretty common for vehicle owners to want to educate themselves about all sorts of things when it comes to their car. They want to know how often to change the oil, what sort of maintenance issues tend to pop up at certain mileages, and so on. But, it’s much less common for someone to be able to tell you how much their vehicle weighs. Your vehicle’s weight can be an important consideration when selling a junk car in San Diego.
Believe it or not, though, knowing the weight of your vehicle is actually pretty important. If you want to sell your junk car, your vehicle’s weight will probably be the largest determining factor in how much cash you’re offered for it. Or, if you want to cross a bridge somewhere with a weight rating, it’s good to know how much your car weighs! In some states, the DMV will use your vehicle’s weight in determining certain fees that are assessed to you. And, if you ever want to tow something behind your vehicle or load it up with cargo, you need to know whether it can handle the task or not.
The bottom line is that knowing the weight of your vehicle can really come in handy. Let’s take a look at some of the terminology that pops up when you’re trying to figure out your vehicle’s weight, as well as the easiest way to find out how much it actually weighs.
Vehicle Weight Terms
If you thought that finding out how much your car weighs would be as simple as finding a single number, you’re mistaken. When you find the weight info for your vehicle, you’ll actually be presented with a number of different terms and acronyms that can be a bit confusing at first glance. Here are some of the commons terms that may show up when looking for your car’s weight:
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: The GVWR refers to the total load that your vehicle can handle. This number includes both people and cargo.
- Gross Vehicle Weight: This is the the weight of your vehicle itself, plus any people or items inside the vehicle.
- Curb Weight: As opposed to gross vehicle weight, curb weight refers to the weight of your vehicle when it’s completely empty.
- Payload: Your car’s payload is the weight of the vehicle itself, any and all passengers, any cargo in the vehicle, and anything that you might be towing behind your car.
- Maximum Load Trailer Weight: This number refers to the weight of your car and a trailer that’s carrying its maximum load.
- Gross Axle Weight Rating: Your car’s GAWR is the maximum amount that each individual axle on your vehicle can support. This is like the GVWR, but divided between your axles.
As you can see, determining your vehicle’s weight can be rather complicated. Generally speaking, though, you’ll want to run a search online for your vehicle and use its “curb weight” number for reference if you’re trying to determine how much your car weighs.
If you’re looking to sell your junk car, just call Junk A Car. We’ll tell you how much your vehicle weighs over the phone, and we’ll use its weight to determine how much cash we can offer you. To learn more about how much your junk car is worth, call us at 888-323-7128.
SELLING JUNK CARS FOR CASH IN San Diego,California IS SIMPLE:
- Get an instant vehicle valuation by dialing 1-800-303-9971
- After accepting our offer you can set up a convenient time for one of our San Diego area towers to come to your vehicle's location.
- Our San Diego tower will pay you the quoted amount on the spot.
- We will remove your junk car 100% FREE of charge.
FIND YOUR CAR'S VALUE!
This following list is an average of the cars that we have purchased in your area. The actual value of your vehicle may be higher or lower than the average. Your car could be worth substantially more! Call now to get a quote.
|Vehicle||Minimum Paid||Maximum Paid|
|1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata||250||400|
|1975 dodget cornet||250||250|
|2001 Hyundai XG300||75||400|
|1992 Mazda 323||225||250|
|1995 Audi 90||200||300|
|1996 Plymouth Neon||50||350|
|1999 Chrysler Town and Country||100||450|
|1998 Mercury Sable||25||390|
|1998 Buick Century||100||500|
|1993 Chevrolet Camaro||50||325|
|1997 GMC Sierra 1500||150||350|
|1985 Chevrolet Celebrity||150||275|
|1994 Chevrolet S-10||50||350|
|1990 GMC R/V 3500 Series||125||125|
|2005 Ford Focus||200||600|
|2001 chevy tracker||400||400|
|1998 Audi Cabriolet||200||250|
|1994 Chrysler New Yorker||100||325|
|1996 Acura RL||240||350|
|1997 Mitsubishi Diamante||200||400|
|2003 Pontiac Aztek||250||500|
|1996 Ford Taurus||55||400|
|1992 Lexus ES 300||5||375|
|1991 Mercury Tracer||75||275|
|2001 Honda Civic||75||750|
|1998 Kia Sephia||100||400|
|1997 Chevrolet Venture||100||430|
|1988 Chevrolet Blazer||100||300|
|1987 Chevrolet Chevy Van||120||350|
|2000 Nissan Quest||200||700|
|1992 Lexus LS 400||120||400|
|1992 Chevrolet Beretta||100||300|
|2000 Honda Odyssey||50||875|
|2006 Suzuki Verona||400||400|
|1997 Nissan 200SX||50||300|
|1985 Chevrolet Chevette||175||250|
|2001 Kia Sephia||75||400|
|1994 Saturn sl1||250||250|
|1993 Buick Park Avenue||100||310|
|1997 Honda Prelude||100||360|
|1977 oldsmobile cutless supreme||225||225|
|1998 Mercury Mystique||100||400|
|2004 Buick Century||150||750|
|1993 Chevrolet Astro||100||425|
|1994 Nissan 240SX||125||250|
|2002 Volkswagen Jetta||65||850|
|1984 Toyota 4Runner||260||300|
|2003 Ford Escort||130||325|
|1989 Dodge RAM 250||250||350|
|1991 Cadillac Brougham||200||350|
- Address: 4340 Genesee Ave Ste 209bPhone: (619) 869-3981
- Address: 4340 Genesee Ave Ste 209bPhone: (619) 869-3981
- Address: 4375 Derrick DrPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6140 Mission Gorge RdPhone: (619) 281-2988
- Address: 3960 Normal StPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6111 Business Center CtPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 4445 Eastgate MallPhone: (866) 487-8999
- Address: 1455 Frazee Rd Ste 400Phone: (619) 220-5300
- Address: 3702 Del Sol BlvdPhone: (800) 777-0133
- Address: 6414 University AvePhone: (619) 609-3189
- Address: 1370 Heritage RdPhone: (619) 671-0173
- Address: 4455 Twain AvePhone: (619) 590-2255