Junk Car Scrap Metal Prices in 2018
If you’re ready to sell your junk car for major cash, congrats! Believe us: you’ll be a lot happier once you’ve said “goodbye” to your junk car and “hello” to a nice stack of cash in exchange!
Of course, selling a junk car isn’t always as simple as it sounds. At the end of the day, it can be difficult to know how much money you can expect to get for it. If you work with a private buyer, it’s hard to say what they will or won’t offer for your junk car. But, if you opt to sell your old vehicle to a junk yard, it’s possible to have at least some sense of what they’re going to offer you before you even call.
Why? The answer is simple. Junk yards base the amount of cash they’re willing to pay for your junk car on its weight. Once they know the weight of your vehicle, they can multiple the amount of scrap that they’ll get out of it by the current price of scrap metal. From there, determining the value of your junk car is pretty easy to do.
If you’re surprised to learn that the value of your junk car is based on the fluctuating price of scrap metal, you’re not alone. Indeed, a lot of people are confused when they try to sell their junk car one month, change their minds, and then call a junk yard again the next month and receive a different price.
Let’s go into a little more detail on what the scrap metal market is and how it works.
Fluctuating Scrap Metal Market Prices
First off, it’s important to understand that the price of scrap metal responds to the same kind of external factors that can cause volatility in any other market or aspect of the economy.
Here’s what can have an impact on the price of scrap metal from month to month, or even from day to do:
- Time of Year: The time of year can actually impact the value of scrap metal, believe it or not. This is because the industries which purchase and use large amounts of scrap metal can experience seasonal shifts in their demand, thus affecting the price of scrap metal in turn.
- Demand: It’s not just time of year that can impact demand, though. External factors play a role, too. For example, if the price of foreign imported scrap metal were to go way down, the demand for domestically sourced scrap metal here in the United States would likely decrease as well. As a result, the value of scrap metal would fall in the U.S.
- Stock Market Prices: Lastly, the value of various commodities on the stock exchange can impact the price of scrap metal.
What are Scrap Metal Prices Like in 2018?
A few years ago, the scrap metal market experienced a huge crash. The price went from as much as $400 per ton to as little as $50 per ton back in 2014. Over the past few years, though, the price has steadily climbed back up.
If you’re looking to sell your junk car, 2018 is a great year to do it! To ensure that you get as much cash for your vehicle as possible, be sure to work with a national junk car buyer like Junk A Car. Call us today at 844-901-4392 to find out how much your junk car is worth!
SELLING JUNK CARS FOR CASH IN Denver,Colorado IS SIMPLE:
- Get an instant vehicle valuation by dialing 1-844-901-4392
- After accepting our offer you can set up a convenient time for one of our Denver area towers to come to your vehicle's location.
- Our Denver tower will pay you the quoted amount on the spot.
- We will remove your junk car 100% FREE of charge.
FIND YOUR CAR'S VALUE!
This following list is an average of the cars that we have purchased in your area. The actual value of your vehicle may be higher or lower than the average. Your car could be worth substantially more! Call now to get a quote.
|Vehicle||Minimum Paid||Maximum Paid|
|1985 Mitsubishi Starion||250||250|
|1986 Toyota MR2||150||325|
|1996 Pontiac Grand Prix||100||365|
|1985 Chevrolet Chevette||175||250|
|2006 Ford Freestar||250||1000|
|1996 Mercury Cougar||100||375|
|1998 Kia Sportage||100||380|
|1993 GMC Safari Cargo||200||450|
|1993 Subaru Legacy||100||375|
|1996 Dodge Ram Van||25||400|
|1993 Chevrolet Astro Cargo||130||230|
|2001 Honda Civic||75||750|
|2002 Honda Accord||80||1500|
|2003 Dodge Durango||50||775|
|1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse||50||350|
|1998 Oldsmobile Bravada||130||350|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class||75||400|
|2002 Jeep Wrangler||450||1825|
|1995 Chrysler Sebring||175||310|
|1981 Nissan Datsun||225||225|
|2001 Chrysler Concorde||50||420|
|2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue||75||340|
|1975 dodget cornet||250||250|
|1998 Dodge Neon||50||400|
|2005 Dodge Caravan||150||600|
|1988 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight||130||300|
|1993 Nissan Quest||200||350|
|1994 Ford Explorer||75||425|
|1996 Chevrolet celebrity||250||250|
|1996 Geo Metro||50||380|
|1987 Cadillac Fleetwood||75||250|
|1997 Ford Thunderbird||100||400|
|1993 Buick Skylark||100||400|
|1993 Ford Crown Victoria||100||400|
|1998 Kia Sephia||100||400|
|1994 Audi Cabriolet||225||250|
|1994 Cheverolet Cavalier||225||225|
|2000 saab 3-Sep||300||300|
|1997 chevrolet corsica||200||275|
|1987 Buick LeSabre||125||350|
|1995 Jaguar XJ-Series||220||300|
|2003 Ford Escort||130||325|
|2005 Pontiac Bonneville||300||400|
|1996 Geo Tracker||25||400|
|1985 Ford F-250||142||350|
|2003 Acura MDX||600||2500|
|1996 Chevrolet Tahoe||150||500|
|1996 Chevrolet Astro||150||475|
|1983 Buick Riviera||225||325|
|1993 Mazda MX-3||75||350|
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808
- Address: 201 W Colfax AvePhone: (720) 865-4600
- Address: 4685 Peoria StPhone: (303) 373-0161
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808