Junk Car Scrap Metal Prices in 2018
If you’re ready to sell your junk car for major cash, congrats! Believe us: you’ll be a lot happier once you’ve said “goodbye” to your junk car and “hello” to a nice stack of cash in exchange!
Of course, selling a junk car isn’t always as simple as it sounds. At the end of the day, it can be difficult to know how much money you can expect to get for it. If you work with a private buyer, it’s hard to say what they will or won’t offer for your junk car. But, if you opt to sell your old vehicle to a junk yard, it’s possible to have at least some sense of what they’re going to offer you before you even call.
Why? The answer is simple. Junk yards base the amount of cash they’re willing to pay for your junk car on its weight. Once they know the weight of your vehicle, they can multiple the amount of scrap that they’ll get out of it by the current price of scrap metal. From there, determining the value of your junk car is pretty easy to do.
If you’re surprised to learn that the value of your junk car is based on the fluctuating price of scrap metal, you’re not alone. Indeed, a lot of people are confused when they try to sell their junk car one month, change their minds, and then call a junk yard again the next month and receive a different price.
Let’s go into a little more detail on what the scrap metal market is and how it works.
Fluctuating Scrap Metal Market Prices
First off, it’s important to understand that the price of scrap metal responds to the same kind of external factors that can cause volatility in any other market or aspect of the economy.
Here’s what can have an impact on the price of scrap metal from month to month, or even from day to do:
- Time of Year: The time of year can actually impact the value of scrap metal, believe it or not. This is because the industries which purchase and use large amounts of scrap metal can experience seasonal shifts in their demand, thus affecting the price of scrap metal in turn.
- Demand: It’s not just time of year that can impact demand, though. External factors play a role, too. For example, if the price of foreign imported scrap metal were to go way down, the demand for domestically sourced scrap metal here in the United States would likely decrease as well. As a result, the value of scrap metal would fall in the U.S.
- Stock Market Prices: Lastly, the value of various commodities on the stock exchange can impact the price of scrap metal.
What are Scrap Metal Prices Like in 2018?
A few years ago, the scrap metal market experienced a huge crash. The price went from as much as $400 per ton to as little as $50 per ton back in 2014. Over the past few years, though, the price has steadily climbed back up.
If you’re looking to sell your junk car, 2018 is a great year to do it! To ensure that you get as much cash for your vehicle as possible, be sure to work with a national junk car buyer like Junk A Car. Call us today at 888-323-7128 to find out how much your junk car is worth!
SELLING JUNK CARS FOR CASH IN Denver,Colorado IS SIMPLE:
- Get an instant vehicle valuation by dialing 1-800-303-9971
- After accepting our offer you can set up a convenient time for one of our Denver area towers to come to your vehicle's location.
- Our Denver tower will pay you the quoted amount on the spot.
- We will remove your junk car 100% FREE of charge.
FIND YOUR CAR'S VALUE!
This following list is an average of the cars that we have purchased in your area. The actual value of your vehicle may be higher or lower than the average. Your car could be worth substantially more! Call now to get a quote.
|Vehicle||Minimum Paid||Maximum Paid|
|1996 Cadillac DeVille||125||400|
|2000 Volkswagen Cabrio||200||500|
|1990 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series||100||280|
|1994 Ford Probe||100||325|
|2001 Volkswagen New Beetle||200||850|
|1995 Plymouth Acclaim||130||370|
|2000 Nissan Quest||200||700|
|1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport||200||450|
|1983 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class||150||300|
|2003 MINI Cooper||40||2200|
|2003 Pontiac Montana||200||475|
|2003 Acura MDX||600||2500|
|1993 Nissan Quest||200||350|
|2001 Chevrolet Tracker||195||510|
|1990 Geo Storm||100||300|
|2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue||100||350|
|1993 Cadillac Eldorado||200||350|
|2003 Pontiac Aztek||250||500|
|1994 Audi Cabriolet||225||250|
|2000 Toyota Sienna||250||850|
|1998 Mercury Sable||25||390|
|1992 Lexus LS 400||120||400|
|2005 BMW X3||2500||3000|
|1991 Chrysler New Yorker||100||290|
|1999 Lexus GS 300||300||850|
|2001 saab 5-Sep||300||375|
|1999 Ford Explorer||50||500|
|1991 GMC Jimmy||100||350|
|1977 honda accord||200||200|
|1991 Buick Regal||100||400|
|1999 Subaru Forester||150||500|
|1993 Ford E-150||100||500|
|1993 Chevrolet Camaro||50||325|
|2007 Hyundai Elantra||150||1000|
|1993 Dodge Caravan||70||350|
|1995 Mitsubishi Galant||100||400|
|1995 ford ranger||50||375|
|1997 Pontiac Grand Prix||100||375|
|1998 Ford Expedition||125||650|
|1996 Dodge Dakota||100||350|
|1998 Acura SLX||100||100|
|1995 Ford Windstar||100||450|
|2000 Isuzu Rodeo||150||475|
|2002 Hyundai Santa Fe||200||650|
|2003 Kia Optima||200||525|
|1997 Chevrolet Tahoe||50||500|
|1995 Chevy Tracker||250||250|
|2001 Audi A8||500||625|
|1991 Volvo 940||100||300|
|1995 Lincoln Town Car||100||481|
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808
- Address: 201 W Colfax AvePhone: (720) 865-4600
- Address: 4685 Peoria StPhone: (303) 373-0161
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808