Junk Car Scrap Metal Prices in 2018
If you’re ready to sell your junk car for major cash, congrats! Believe us: you’ll be a lot happier once you’ve said “goodbye” to your junk car and “hello” to a nice stack of cash in exchange!
Of course, selling a junk car isn’t always as simple as it sounds. At the end of the day, it can be difficult to know how much money you can expect to get for it. If you work with a private buyer, it’s hard to say what they will or won’t offer for your junk car. But, if you opt to sell your old vehicle to a junk yard, it’s possible to have at least some sense of what they’re going to offer you before you even call.
Why? The answer is simple. Junk yards base the amount of cash they’re willing to pay for your junk car on its weight. Once they know the weight of your vehicle, they can multiple the amount of scrap that they’ll get out of it by the current price of scrap metal. From there, determining the value of your junk car is pretty easy to do.
If you’re surprised to learn that the value of your junk car is based on the fluctuating price of scrap metal, you’re not alone. Indeed, a lot of people are confused when they try to sell their junk car one month, change their minds, and then call a junk yard again the next month and receive a different price.
Let’s go into a little more detail on what the scrap metal market is and how it works.
Fluctuating Scrap Metal Market Prices
First off, it’s important to understand that the price of scrap metal responds to the same kind of external factors that can cause volatility in any other market or aspect of the economy.
Here’s what can have an impact on the price of scrap metal from month to month, or even from day to do:
- Time of Year: The time of year can actually impact the value of scrap metal, believe it or not. This is because the industries which purchase and use large amounts of scrap metal can experience seasonal shifts in their demand, thus affecting the price of scrap metal in turn.
- Demand: It’s not just time of year that can impact demand, though. External factors play a role, too. For example, if the price of foreign imported scrap metal were to go way down, the demand for domestically sourced scrap metal here in the United States would likely decrease as well. As a result, the value of scrap metal would fall in the U.S.
- Stock Market Prices: Lastly, the value of various commodities on the stock exchange can impact the price of scrap metal.
What are Scrap Metal Prices Like in 2018?
A few years ago, the scrap metal market experienced a huge crash. The price went from as much as $400 per ton to as little as $50 per ton back in 2014. Over the past few years, though, the price has steadily climbed back up.
If you’re looking to sell your junk car, 2018 is a great year to do it! To ensure that you get as much cash for your vehicle as possible, be sure to work with a national junk car buyer like Junk A Car. Call us today at 888-323-7128 to find out how much your junk car is worth!
SELLING JUNK CARS FOR CASH IN Denver,Colorado IS SIMPLE:
- Get an instant vehicle valuation by dialing 1-800-303-9971
- After accepting our offer you can set up a convenient time for one of our Denver area towers to come to your vehicle's location.
- Our Denver tower will pay you the quoted amount on the spot.
- We will remove your junk car 100% FREE of charge.
FIND YOUR CAR'S VALUE!
This following list is an average of the cars that we have purchased in your area. The actual value of your vehicle may be higher or lower than the average. Your car could be worth substantially more! Call now to get a quote.
|Vehicle||Minimum Paid||Maximum Paid|
|1993 Lexus ES 300||100||450|
|1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale||70||375|
|1993 Ford Escort||50||350|
|1998 Acura Integra||200||450|
|2006 Suzuki Verona||400||400|
|1970 cheverolet el camino||100||100|
|2004 Kia Sedona||125||600|
|1996 Eagle Vision||100||315|
|2001 Chrysler Voyager||25||400|
|1991 Nissan Sentra||100||500|
|1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme||75||400|
|2008 Dodge Charger||550||1700|
|2005 Pontiac Bonneville||300||400|
|1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series||100||350|
|1989 Volkswagen Fox||150||250|
|2005 Scion xB||400||1200|
|1995 Ford Probe||100||350|
|1996 Ford Windstar Cargo||200||225|
|1997 Pontiac Bonneville||50||450|
|2001 Saab 40672||235||400|
|1979 AFRO ROMEO SPIDER||300||300|
|1996 Chevrolet Tahoe||150||500|
|2000 Nissan Frontier||225||950|
|1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera||100||375|
|1998 Jeep Grand cherokee loredo||350||350|
|1997 Nissan Pathfinder||75||500|
|99 TOY CAMRY||300||300|
|1984 Toyota 4Runner||260||300|
|1997 Pontiac Sunfire||75||385|
|2006 Honda CR-V||600||2750|
|2004 Hyundai Elantra||150||500|
|2003 Kia Optima||200||525|
|1993 Dodge Shadow||125||325|
|2003 Cadillac CTS||200||1100|
|1985 Ford F-250||142||350|
|1991 Chrysler New Yorker||100||290|
|1994 Chevrolet S-10||50||350|
|1991 Chrysler Le Baron||100||300|
|1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van||100||400|
|1995 Infiniti Q45||200||475|
|1989 Dodge RAM 250||250||350|
|1989 BMW 325i Convertible||225||225|
|1986 Toyota MR2||150||325|
|2001 saab 5-Sep||300||375|
|1984 Honda Accord||50||300|
|2002 Toyota Sienna||300||1250|
|1993 Geo Metro||150||350|
|2003 Cadillac DeVille||225||465|
|2002 Honda Accord||80||1500|
|2000 Lincoln LS||130||400|
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808
- Address: 201 W Colfax AvePhone: (720) 865-4600
- Address: 4685 Peoria StPhone: (303) 373-0161
- Address: 2232 S BroadwayPhone: (303) 282-0808